Onmicrosoft is nothing but a domain used in Microsoft Office 365. Before jumping on to onmicrosoft, let us first talk about Office 365 because this word is completely associated with office 365. Hence, we need to have an insight into Microsoft Office 365 so that we may understand in Microsoft.
As we all know, Microsoft offers us a pack of utility software or applications which are collectively known as “MS Office”. It consists of all the basic and important applications such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Access, One Note, etc. Microsoft Office 365 is one of the most updated and subscribed services of Microsoft. The best part of this service is that it is available with a cloud-based software service. It first came to market in 2010 as a beta version. But in 2011 Microsoft officially launched it for public use.
This new version of Microsoft office enables their users to share their data with the help of Outlook or webmail. Hence it can be said that onmicrosoft is the domain used to login for Microsoft Office 365 with the help of Outlook or webmail. The syntax of the login user id is in the format: [yourname]@[business].onmicrosoft.com. The services like SkyDrive, XBox Live, Outlook or any other Microsoft services are used only with help of a Microsoft login id and a password. Hence, one needs to sign up to create an account on Microsoft having onmicrosoft as the domain of their user id.
How to use Onmicrosoft?
To use Microsoft facilities, a user must to sign up his details to create a user ID.
Follow these simple steps to create a user ID:
Step 1: Go to the Microsoft sign-up page with the use of the given link : [https://signup.live.com/]
Step 2: Click on “No Account? Create one!” to proceed on the further steps.
Step 3: Fill all the necessary details and click on proceed option.
Step 4: Your new account will open.
How to Resolve Conflict of Onmicrosoft License?
It may happen that your Onmicrosoft License comes in conflict with other Microsoft licenses which were used some time ago. In such a case, it is necessary to resolve the conflict so that you can access the services properly again. The steps which you should follow in order to resolve the conflict by cleaning your computer system are:
- Close all the Microsoft Office applications.
- Run the command window as administrator.
- Go to the following path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16
cscript ospp.vbs /unpkey: xxxx (xxxx is the last 5 characters of the product key found with cscript ospp.vbs /dstatus)
- Now, Delete this key in the Windows registry: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity\Identities
- After deleting, go to the Credential Manager.
- Now, select Microsoft Office 16 » references» Delete All
- Now proceed further and delete the references at:
- Again, verify the registry and delete the following keys:
- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider
- HKEYU\(user SID)\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity
(To find user SID you can type cmd: wmic userAccountInThisPC)
- Now, go to: https://portal.office.com/OLS/MySoftware.aspx and connect with Microsoft Office 365 account
- Click on My account » Install status. In the “Manage Installs” section, deactivate your PC.
- Run o15ctrremove.diagcab to complete uninstall.
- Now restart the computer system and when it starts again,, go to the Microsoft Office 365 portal and install your Office again.
This way the issue of licence could can be resolved.
This is all the basic details you need to learn about onmicrosft domain used in Microsoft Office and other utility applications offered by Microsoft. We explained you the meaning, working and how to sort a problem if any found with microsoft “onmicrosoft” domain. Feel free to ask any query about Microsoft 365 or anything additional about onmicrosoft through the comment option available below.