Wait, What?? You too encountered the “pvp.net patcher kernel has stopped working” error while playing the LoL – League of Legends game. This error might have aroused a feeling of temper into you while you were playing the game & all of a sudden the game stopped. I felt that too & was facing the same error again & again whenever I tried to play or open the app/software.
And then at a point of time, I felt its time to either let go the game or solve the error now & being a crazy fan of the game, you would know what I must have chosen.
How to Fix pvp.net patcher kernel has stopped working?
I tried these tricks one by one & had the error solved, finally. I hope you might also want to solve that error, right? Don’t worry, just follow these steps one after the other & your error might resolve, after which you can play the game happily again.
1. Become the Admin
Now, in case if you are using the normal mode instead of the administrator mode then some other applications might stop your application while performing some system checks. To resolve it just open the app with administrator privileges which would allow the LoL app to bypass all the systems checks & might even solve the problem.
How to open the app in Administrator mode?
I would say this step is the simplest step of all the other to be mentioned steps. What you have to do is:
- On the desktop, right click on the Legends of League icon.
- After clicking, a list of options will appear from that choose the “Run as Administrator” option.
- If the application runs after this step i.e. if the problem is solved then let’s fix these issue permanently. Again follow step ‘1‘ & this time click on the Properties option.
- A dialog box with various option would appear. Choose “Compatibility” now.
- After that, as marked in the picture, ‘Tick’ the box with “Run this program as an administrator” option.
- Finally, to change the settings click on the “Apply” button as shown in the above picture.
So, the game will start in the administrator mode each time you open it and now you can enjoy playing the game again. But in case this step didn’t work for you, don’t worry at all. I have a few more steps to go that will help you resolve the error.
2. Try the Task Manager – It helps
For any application that we launch and after which we encounter an error while opening or launching it or even while the app was running & error occurred all of a sudden. But what happens is, to us the program has stopped but still it is running in the background and we can monitor or control or end the tasks or processes running under that program using the Task Manager.
Now to resolve the error – pvp.net patcher kernel has stopped working, just follow these simple steps given:
- Open the LoL software and let’s wait until the error pops up this time.
- As soon as the error shows up, then we are good to go for solving it using task manager.
- To open the Task Manager press the Windows Logo Key, then type “Task Manager“. Click on the option “View running processes with Task Manager“.
- In the appeared new dialog box, choose the Processes tab.
- In the Processes tab, let us find & close all the processes that are linked to the League of Legends. I have made things easier for you, just choose these 3 options one by one (LoLLauncher.exe, LoLPatcher.exe, and LoLClient.exe) and then right click & press End Task.
- Now since the application has been closed completely let’s relaunch it to check for error. But don’t forget to open it in “Administrator mode”.
- And finally, the application would open without any disturbances.
3. Delete the corrupted Patch file
The error might be caused due to the patch files of the program not functioning correctly. They can be corrupt or they might have a configuration problem. So, the only solution to the error if it was caused due to the corrupt patch file is to remove the corrupt patch files. Don’t worry, the program’s working won’t be affected with the removal of the patch files because after running the program will automatically download those patch files with the latest configuration. So, let me guide you on “How to remove the patch files for LoL“.
- Go to “File Explorer” and open the directory which has the League of Legends installed on your computer.
- In that directory click & open the “RADS” folder.
- In that folder, again open the “projects folder,” after which go to the “lol_air_client” folder and then finally go to the “releases.”
- In the “releases” folder, sort all the folders/files by date & find the latest folder created and then open it.
- In that folder delete the “S_OK” and “release manifest” files
- Next part is to open the “Deploy” folder and in that folder delete the “Properties,” “META-INF,” “logs” and “LoLClient.exe” files after which you will be done with these step.
- Now, restart the computer and as always run the LoL program as an administrator.
So, your application League of Legends must be working correctly now & you can enjoy the game as long as you want.
Did it work?
“Pvp.net patcher kernel has stopped working” though the name is long & annoying. But the error is a simple launch error which is faced by many of the League of Legends game players. Now, we know that the error could be caused if it is not running under the administrator mode or else due to some corrupt or misconfigured patch files of the program. Also, I have explained to you the methods to solve the error with various problems possibilities, one by one. After you follow all the above steps, your program will be working fine & smoothly now without any errors.
In case you have any queries or not able to find your solution here, you can comment below. Also, new solution suggestions are welcomed for this error to help others resolve their errors.